Friday, July 16, 2010

Where can i find puppies for sale near me?

i have tried everything looking for a puppy and the nearest pound or shelter is dundee and they dont have any. My family are wanting a puppy so only a few weeks old and its really hard to find a puppy l;ike that, and i just dont know where to look because i have looked everywhere on the internet and can't find anything that is close to a few weeks old.Where can i find puppies for sale near me?
try Many Tears Rescue. They have volunteers countrywide. #


OR, look on the kennel club site for specific breed rescues and contact them.Where can i find puppies for sale near me?
The Dog's Trust in West Calder regularly have litters of puppies in. They are an excellent rescue and won't rehome to anyone unless they have home-checked and taken references on the prospective owners. They will not rehome puppies under 8 weeks of age and will always take a dog back if the home can't keep it. You would also get lots of advice and support to help you in your future dog-owning period. The other alternative would be to choose which breed you wanted then find a really reputable breeder who will assess your home for their pup and only sell you a dog if they feel you are the right home. Good breeders rarely advertise their pups, they tend to sell their dogs from word-of-mouth and approaches from their Breed Club.





What you absolutely shouldn't do is buy a pup from someone advertising in the paper or on net - just don't do it! At the very least you are lining the pockets of a money-grabbing backyard breeder, at worst you will end up with a pup with terrible health problems through indiscriminate breeding and you will not have any support from the breeder.





Pups must always be at least 8 weeks before rehoming, and many good breeder will keep them until they are 12 weeks.
The reason why you can not find a puppy a few weeks old is because it is not right to take the puppy from its mother before at least 6-9 weeks. If you want a puppy you should do researching about training because it is a very big job, and if you don't want the responsibility of training a dog, i would suggest getting one that is already trained. Alsopuppy'ss tend to have a lot of ';accidents';, and potty training requires some one taking the dog outside every hour or so. I wouldrecommendd a dog that is already trained and maybe 2-4 years if you are a first time dog owner. Also if you are looking for a dog try petfinder.com that is where i got my dog and he is the best dog we have ever had.
Search for a puppy about 8 weeks old (The healthy age for it to leave it's dam [mother] ). Check local breed rescues. If you still can't find any puppies search for an adult dog in your local shelter. It's a win-win situation! Most adults are already house-trained, spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and ready to find a new loving home!! It will save you ALOT of money in the long run!! If you don't want a money-saving adult dog then check out Petfinder.com!





Good Luck!





P.S NEVER BUY DOGS OFF THE INTERNET EXCEPT PETFINDER! THE ';BREEDERS'; SITES CAN MAKE YOU THINK THE DOGS ARE CHAMPIONS, BUT ARE REALLY FAT, UNTRAINED, UNHEALTHY DOGS!!


P.S.S NEVER BUY DOGS OR PUPPIES FROM A PET STORE!! THEY CAME FROM A PUPPY MILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…
You probably are not going to be able to get a puppy less than 8 weeks old. But believe me, that is PLENTY young. I would try to get in touch with a breeder (I have no idea what breed you're looking for). Look for breeder listings in your area, and ask plenty of questions so that you can be sure you are buying from a good breeder. Best of luck!


AKC even has a breeder classifieds -- [http://www.akc.org/classified/index.cfm]
Hi Kirsty,


Have you looked at The A.S.P.A.? They do get puppies in there..Or try petfinder.com..If you look in the right places you will find a puppy..


I had to put down My Loving Corgi(Happy),that I raised from a puppy(He was 9 years old)..He had cancer and I didn't want him to suffer..It broke My Heart,but I did the right thing.. Anyway, I typed in Corgi or corgi/border collie mix and a site came up..It was 25 pages long,but I went thought every one of those pages and the last page,I found the pup I was looking for..He was 3 months old..A Corgi/Border Collie mix and a real cutie to..I call the next day and made an appointment to see the little guy..I drove to Stockton,ca a 3 hour drive from where i lived..As she opened the door,I seen him sitting on the carpet and before I even touch him,I told her,I will take him..I named him Howdy and he fit right in with My Family..He reminds Me of Happy,he has a lot of traits Happy had..I know he isn't Happy,but he sure reminds Me of My Little Companion I had to put to sleep..


Don't worry My Friend,just keep looking like I did and you will find the puppy for you..


Your Friend,


poppy1
You shouldn't want to take a puppy away from its mummy at only a few weeks old, if you find someone willing to give you one that young they really aren't a good breeder, and please don't take the poor little puppy. Get one thats at least 8 weeks old!!
You probably are not going to find a puppy only a few weeks old. Any GOOD dog breeder knows that you shouldn't take a puppy away from it's mother until its about 6 weeks old. If a breeder gives you a puppy only a few weeks old, I'd look into the breeder.
a few weeks old they still need to be with their mother. My dog had puppies and we put them for sale at 12 weeks. Believe me, that is still very young, you will probably find puppies at 8weeks, no less, they are still very young and need to be nourished. and try petfinder.com
You are best to get a puppy at 8 weeks old because it is still learning from its Mum and litter mates up until this point.





Try looking at any local vets, pet shops, grooming parlours and in local papers for adverts.
You should not take a puppy away from his mother until it is at least 8 weeks old. No reputable breeder will sell you a puppy if it is too young. Adjust your expectations.
I have a site where you can search a breed and it will tell you where they are located! =) Good Luck
try www.petfinder.com
Try the Dogs Trust





http://dogstrust.org.uk I *think*
  • face makeup
  • black heads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment